November 1, 2009

Ch. 562 - Worthy in His Sight

' "O my God, I am too ashamed and disgraced to lift up my face to you, my God, because our sins are higher than our heads and our guilt has reached to the heavens." '
[Ezra 9:6]

' "... We are before you in our guilt, though because of it not one of us can stand in your presence." '
[Ezra 9:15]

These words come from a prayer of Ezra.

I thank God that we are no longer able to follow this example of prayer. The words would be spoken in vain, because we are free from the chains of sin and guilt. Yes, we sin. But we are sanctified and thus made worthy to stand in God's presence. What's more, He lives inside of us. So even when we feel worthless... when we feel like the lowliest of life on the entire planet... when we feel unloved and unwanted... God is in our presence and we are in His.

Praise Him for His grace.

No comments: