November 19, 2009

Ch. 574 - To Thine Own Self?

This morning in class a girl prayed regarding a classmate. A peer. A friend. She said, "Sometimes we see people's true colors come out when they are upset." Paraphrased. Because I'm actually writing this on November 27. But that's the gist, if you will. Anyway.

I agree.
I mean, when people are upset, they tend to say things that are filled with passion. Emotion. And more often than not, those things are hurtful. Raw. And they follow up with something like, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I was angry." But here's the thing. You may not have meant to say something a certain way... but chances are, the feeling behind what you said was real. It's fuel for what you say. So really, no matter how you direct something, the source remains the same.

But here's what's been bothering me.
Shouldn't we see people's true colors... always?

I think so.
I wish.

STOP HIDING.
STOP PRETENDING.

We're flawed.
We're sinful.

And even though people say 'they know' they are and so they turn to God and thus put their true selves out there because "His opinion is what matters most!"... they don't truly do so. It's evident.

We care too much about what others think of us and aren't trusting enough to confide in one another. Confess. Repent. Be encouraged and loved.


'Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.'
[Galatians 6:2]

James 5:16.

I'm simply tired of feeling like I don't see people for who they are.
It's becoming difficult to see people as the person God created them to be.

And that includes me.

No comments: