November 6, 2009

Ch. 567 - Mismatched

How much time do I spend thinking about heavenly things, in comparison to worldly things? What are my [major] distractions from spending time with my Lord God? Annnd why do I tend to disregard certain things that are important in my growing in Christ?

I suppose I need to define importance. I also need to prioritize...

Gah.
I don't feel like I'm doing what God wants me to.

Not a pleasant feeling.

PROCLAIM.
I can't.
But I need to.
And I want to.
God will help.

I have passions.
"Fire shut up in my bones."
But sometimes I feel that they die down to mere embers.
I don't like it.

What's the fuel of the fire?


'But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.'
[Jeremiah 20:9]

No comments: