March 11, 2010

Ch. 671 - "Talent"

In Jesus’ parable of the talents, we can learn that we should not grow complacent. We need to take what we’ve received from God and work with it in a responsible, effective manner. The faithful workers will be entrusted with greater things, earning their just reward and praise. There is much work to be done for God’s kingdom. We can’t assume we have all the time in the world to get things done… if we desire for God to truly use us, we need to accomplish our tasks in love and with diligence. Jesus never stopped working, reaching out, or touching the lives of others… neither should we.


' "The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.' "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'; "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.' "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?" '
[Matthew 25:20-21; 24-26]

No comments: