March 25, 2010

Ch. 680 - MY Way or... ?

Worship is worship is worship.

What matters most is the heart and its intention behind the worship.

I should not, then, feel bothered when I am told where I have to sit, what I have to pray, which songs I have to sing... etc.

Yet I do.

[And of course, I don't "have" to do any of these things.]

I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't bother me. I know this needs to change. But if I have such a freedom to openly praise and worship my Lord God with my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am going to take full advantage of said freedom and worship Him the way I desire, even within a congregational context. Is that truly so wrong?

Open.
Observant.

Expectant.

Weighted down with the Presence.
Whispering words of love to my Lord God.

Spirit.

There's more.
So much more.
But it's personal.
"Me and God."
You understand... right?
It's okay if you don't.
I mean, I'm at a Bible college.
Surrounded by people just like myself.
So at the very least, I'm sure they understand.
... Right.


'Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;'
[Psalm 95:6]

No comments: