March 3, 2010

Ch. 668 - "Incline Your Ear"

' "Thus has the Lord of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother...' " '
[Zechariah 7:9, NASB]

' "And just as He called and they would not listen, so they called and I would not listen," says the Lord of hosts.'
[Zechariah 7:13, NASB]

I am so thankful that God turns His ear to me continually... even when I do not take the time to turn my ear to Him. And for the most part, that's technically fine. God loves me no more. God loves me no less. But this doesn't mean that I should not feel it necessary to do so. It's one more way to strengthen my obedience to Him. And by listening to Him, God will teach me how He wants me to "dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion" to my brothers and sisters - as well as nonbelievers.

No comments: