May 1, 2010

Ch. 702 - Fire in the Night

'Praise the Lord, all you servants of the
Lord
who minister by night in the house
of the Lord.
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the Lord.
May the Lord, the Maker of heaven and
earth,
bless you from Zion.'
[Psalm 134]

Who is to say that we should only praise our God during the day?

Night brings many things.
Darkness.
Sleep.
"The witching hour."
Sin.
Scheming.
Etc.

I think IHOP is doing it right...
And no, I'm not talking about the pancake place.
I mean the International House of Prayer.
The concept of 24/7 worship and intercessory prayer is wonderful and it has brought so much good and hope and change into the lives of people all around the world.

Note: IHOP has a "Fire in the Night" period for those who spend time praising and praying during the late night hours [between midnight and 6:00 AM]. And there truly is something freeing and beautiful in doing exactly that. One of my friends at school is transferring to IHOP next spring to become a Fire in the Night intern, and I must admit... I am extremely envious.

No comments: