May 3, 2010

Ch. 704 - In Love

Sometimes it is absolutely wonderful to spend time alone.

Today I went on a walk.
Alone.
And it was lovely. Just lovely.
The sun was shining, a slight breeze cooled the air.
Tree leaves have budded.
Grass is lush and green.
Flowers are blooming.

[I love spring.]

I was completely captivated by God's beautiful creation.
Romanced.

I may have been physically alone.
But I was walking with my Lord God, and I was so glad for His company... His presence. It was simply pleasant. A comfort.

He loves me.
And I love Him.
But more than that, I am in love with Him.

He delights in me.

" 'See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their
fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me." '
[Song of Songs, 2:11-13]

......

Ch. 704, Part Two:

So. Kind of random, but... if you've followed this blog at all, you'll know that I have, at times, used Bible verses as a post.

That's it.
Words from the Bible.
No thoughts.
Insights.
Revelations.
Just words.
I figure, 'Sometimes that's all you need, you know?'

But I myself call those posts "cop-outs".

There have been multiple days in a row, even, where I do this. And the reasons as to why vary. I used to simply not care. Yet as I look back on random posts, I realize how greatly it bothers me...

Three cheers for OCD!

Thus, I have decided to go back throughout the blog and edit those posts. I will add to them whatever comes to mind as I read those verses which I had [usually] hurriedly typed down as I played catch-up or whatever.

I'm totally stoked to do this, actually, because it'll be good to have one more interjection in my day to get into God's word.

For each day I write a new post - no more simple Bible verse posts from here on out - I will go back and edit one post, until there are no more posts with only Bible verses. What a fabulous plan. I'm so great. And humble.

Click here to revisit Chapter 29.

No comments: