July 18, 2010

Ch. 716 - In His Presence

"In Your presence, all fear is gone... in Your presence.
In Your presence, is where I belong... in Your presence."

We sang this in church this morning. It's part of a song, but it's the only part we sang. ... And I am so glad.

I was overwhelmed with His presence.
I didn't know what to do.
I didn't know what to say.
I didn't know what to think.
So I just stood there.
Eyes closed.
Arms out.
Soaking.
Gazing upon His throne, radiant light shining upon my face.

Peace.
A silent joy.

Drifting thoughts about the Lamb.
His death.
His resurrection.
Victory.

His Father.

Heaven.

Heaven... our true home.
"Until He returns... or calls me home..."

Home.
Sometimes I feel like even though I am here in Iowa, with my family, I am not home. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a home. That I don't belong anywhere.

Heaven.
'That' is heavenly.
'This' is like heaven on earth.
"Is this heaven?"
... "No, it's Iowa."

I think, however, that I have finally found heaven on earth.

I am at home in His presence.
And that's all that matters.

......

Spirit-filled.
Ears covered.
Ears opened.
Lies.
Still dirty.
But refreshed.
It's a start.

......

Click here to revisit Chapter 161.

No comments: