August 13, 2008

Ch. 161 - The Wise Fool

'Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.'
[Proverbs 17:28]

18. July 2010 Edit:

Oh goodness... God only knows why I used this verse for a blog post. I certainly do not remember. The possibilities are endless, really. Knowing me, I don't think I would ever want to know why, to be completely honest. I have had to work very hard over the years to tame my tongue. I know that I still have a great deal of work ahead of me... and I have come quite a ways. This proverb is one that I think many could benefit from knowing. It says that even a fool is thought wise and discerning... for keeping silent and holding his tongue. Thus, there must be some great importance in doing these things if even a fool could do so and be thought of in such a high regard. I'm not saying it's okay to be foolish and do these things once in a while in order to "redeem" yourself, of course...

No comments: