June 13, 2009

Ch. 447 - Weakness

Five days, come and gone.
Here we go again, right?

Same as last time.
I'm not too busy.
I'm not upset.
I'm not anything.

I just... don't have the desire.
I don't like it.
But it's true.

I feel like I have nothing to draw from.
And I feel bad saying that.
Because the more I think about it, the more I realize it's not true.
As a follower of Christ, and a believer in God, I should be able to draw inspiration from the smallest of things. Look around. Read. Observe. Reach out. Pray. I keep telling myself to do these things. If I truly believe that everything is of God, and that everything I do should be for God, I should have no problem seeking and drawing out meaning from even the most menial of things.

God continues to be absolute.
Loving.
Merciful.
Gracious.

But me?
Well.
I don't really want to go there right now.
I probably should.
But I'm not going to.

I am weak.


'... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.'
[Hebrews 10:22-23]

No comments: