August 22, 2009

Ch. 492 - What Christ "Did"

Last semester I was asked a question for a journal prompt: 'What did Christ do for you?' The best I could come up was saying something along the lines of "What didn't He do for me?' And even though I've honestly been thinking about this topic for quite some time now, it's as if my mind freezes up and I don't know what to say. I want something easy to be good enough, but it shouldn't be. I could go even further on taking the easy route and give the simplistic, Sunday school answer: everything. God did so much for mankind by giving us His Son. Not only did Christ provide the perfect example of what our lives should looks like, but through His death and resurrection He gave us life - true life. I really could go on and on about 'what Christ did' for me, but I'm pretty sure I don't have enough words in me to do so. Not to mention my life on this earth is finite and could end any moment. However, I will say this: Because Christ conquered the grave, I am not held down. I am free. I will have eternal life with Christ because I am not bound to hell by the chains of sin. Praise God for His grace, mercy, and love! There is so much to praise and thank God for because of what His Son did for us. It truly is incomprehensible. We will never be able to fully understand why God loves us so much... neither will we ever fully understand what He saved us from. I honestly don't think that I ever want to know, but the fact that He did indeed save us from darkness and death is mind-blowing. I don't even know what else to say. There's so much to say, but I just don't know how to say it. I think I'm going to have to leave it at that. God is good. Christ is good. All the time.


' "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." '
[Mark 10:45]

No comments: