August 25, 2009

Ch. 495 - Something to Seek

God brings people together for many reasons. And while we may not always know what those reasons are at the time of meeting, the fact that there is, in fact, a reason, makes time spent with other people all the more special. I think - no, I know - we take time for granted. For certain, I am incredibly guilty of doing so. But do I then attempt to make the most out of the time I am given by God every day? ... No. I even go so far as to complain that there aren't enough hours in a day, yet I am never as productive as I could be. I just feel so backwards, sometimes. And usually I don't try to turn myself around until I am given a push in the right direction. Going back to my original thought, though: we need to make the most of our time - especially considering the fact that our life here on earth is so incredibly short.

Nate Sallie sings, "Heaven's just a breath away, and I can't waste another day pretending that tomorrow's a guarantee; I've got to face my reality," in his song 'Heaven's Just a Breath Away'. How true these lyrics are.

Anyway, I simply love the fact that my God knows me so well and wants the best for me. He delivers joy, laughter, and cheer through other people and it makes me think about how personal and small my God is. But then I am always awestruck when I realize that He's holding not only my life in His hands, but the lives of everyone around me, as well - and I think about how caring and big my God is.

I know I'm kind of jumping around from here to there, but I have a lot on my mind right now. So really, these are my thoughts going straight down through my fingers into the computer. Recently I've been thinking more about what I'm writing, unlike in the past, but not today - that's for sure.

Joy.
Help.
Beauty.
Seeking and grasping all the more.


'One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the
Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.'
[Psalm 27:4-5]

No comments: