August 23, 2009

Ch. 493 - A Gift of Peace

So lately I've been thinking a lot about peace. And I mean a lot. I'm not talking about 'being at peace' in regards to not being at war... And while I don’t really want to go with the stereotypical aspects of what peace is or is not. Yet I feel I may have to. I mean, again - at its simplest form, peace is the absence of conflict. But it’s so much more than that. There are two types of peace, in my opinion. First, there’s having that external peace within the world around you... a quiet serenity, perhaps. Then there’s the internal peace that only you know about. It’s an inner calm that nobody but God can give you. Thus said, I think being at peace internally is certainly a gift. Hopefully that makes sense. I believe having that sense of peace – especially within yourself – is important. There’s so much turmoil and conflict in the world that we could use all the peace we can possibly get! In all seriousness, though, there truly is nothing like feeling you have received that inner peace from your God. I think people don't always realize how nice it is to have that peace...

Peace is knowing that you are loved.
Cherished.
Peace is knowing that you are safe.
Forgiven.
Peace is knowing that you are significant in an insignificant world.
Worthwhile.

I feel these are the gifts God is giving me at this point in time.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Because here's the thing. Any peace is better than no peace, first of all. And coming from our Most High Lord God, how could you say what He gives is not good enough for you? He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. So while I may not fully understand what He's doing with me, it's okay. Because I know what He does is good. I also may not feel like I'm filled to the brim with peace, but I do feel that I have enough to be able to seek and grasp that joy that I've been seeking for what seems like a lifetime. I think the main thing is that I feel like God is giving me the go-ahead. I can proceed, you know? I'm not taking one step forward and ten steps back anymore. It's one step forward, one step forward, one step forward. Man oh man, those steps are small. But I'm moving. And I'm not looking back. I'm thankful for what God is giving me in the here and now. He is more than praiseworthy. He deserves the best from us. Praise Him.


'Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.'
[2 Thessalonians 3:16]

No comments: