January 16, 2010

Ch. 622 - Because of Grace

'Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.'
[Romans 3:20]

Just exactly how conscious are we of sin?

I feel that we aren't very conscious. We know that if we accept Christ and His act of saving us through His death and resurrection, we are good to go. "Saved by grace." So we often set sin aside and don't take it seriously, because all we have to do is as forgiveness and at least say we'll repent. This is not good. I was never more conscious of my sin than when I claimed Islam as my faith, because it is a faith heavily centered on deeds. The less you do good, the greater chance there is that you will sin. The more you sin, the less likely you are to enter heaven. It's a points system, really, and I'm glad that I don't have to keep track of points as I follow Christ.

No comments: