January 23, 2010

Ch. 629 - "the evil one"

While I believe we can't ignore the fact that the devil is real, and there are evil presences in the world, I want to say that it seems he becomes as big a deal as we make him - at least in some cases. He is not as big as our God. He is not as powerful. His "authority" is quickly and easily undermined. He may be able to place obstacles in our paths, but our Lord God places ladders right next to them. And God gives us a helping hand to stabilize our steps, allowing us to journey onwards over the obstacles we face.


'The great dragon was hurled down - that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down." '
[Revelation 12:9-10]

Note: Our school president noted to pray against "the Evil One" yesterday in chapel. I'm not going to lie - I laughed when I read those words on the slip of paper. I don't know why. I just did. Also, I don't think he even deserves to have a title capitalized, but that's just me.

No comments: