May 26, 2009

Ch. 433 - PRAY

It's now May 26 and I am one week behind in posts. I'm not going to make up those days. I had already gotten behind with the few posts before my last one, which is why they are merely verses. Anyway, I'm back and I don't plan on falling behind.

I guess I'll say what's been going through my mind the past week or so. My relationship with Christ is suffering. This is completely on me. I'm not going to make excuses. I haven't been as proactive as I should be, and it's taking a toll. I don't know. I've been alright about reading my Bible. But I realized today that what I have basically dropped completely is prayer. Now, this is very strange for me. I couldn't tell you how often I usually find myself praying throughout the day. And I love it. I love prayer. But for whatever reason, I just... don't pray much anymore. I'm not purposefully not praying. I'm not too busy to pray. I'm not "upset" with God or anything. I simply pray much, much less than I usually do.

I don't like it.

I think I just need a boost.
Some new energy.
Revitalization.
Encouragement.


'Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.'
[Psalm 4:1]

No comments: