May 14, 2009

Ch. 426 - Freedom Forever

Ralph Ellison said, "When I discover who I am, I'll be free."

You know, sometimes I don't feel that I know who I am. I think it takes a lifetime and more to truly understand yourself. Hard a realization as that may be, it's true. I mean, you didn't create yourself. How could you comprehend every facet of your being?

I am realizing, however, all the more that "finding" myself doesn't really matter. It comes with time. There's no rush to do so. And what good does it do others?

Besides. I am already free. I am in Christ and He has set me free. My identity lies in Him and if anything, that's all I need to know about who I am.


'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened by a yoke of slavery.'
[Galatians 5:1]

No comments: