May 11, 2009

Ch. 423 - Anxious for the Remedy

My soul yearns for the day when all I will be doing is praising God.
Constant, beautiful, melodic praise.

In peace and holiness the angels will sing,

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and
strength
and honor and glory and praise!"
[Revelation 5:12]

And those who are victorious over 'the beast and his image and over the number of his name will sing the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb:

"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you along are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed." '
[Revelation 15:3-4]

I am so tired of living in this dark and ugly word of sin and hatred. I just want to be wholly surrounded with the love of God and the light of His Son.

I don't want to hunger.
I don't want to thirst.
I don't want to be scorched by heat.
I want to be led by my Shepherd.
I don't want to cry.
I don't want to deal with death.
I don't want to be in pain.
I want to be with my God.
[Revelation 7:16-17, 21:4]

But I can't always get what I want at the exact moment I want it.
And that's ok.
I still have lessons to learn.
I still have work to do.
People to meet.
People to reach out to.
People to love.

I mean, I do not hunger or thirst as so many people in this world do.
I do not have anything to cry or mourn over. I have no hardships.

There are people who are truly starving and parched. And not just for physical sustenance, but for the Word and Living Water of God. Eternal life. How blessed am I to have my needs met on a daily basis, both on physical and spirituals levels? Compared to what others may or may not have, I am too blessed.

I have my God as my Savior.
He is the author of my life.
'Author of salvation.'
And He is in me, as I am in Him.
This is more than I could ever ask for.

And that is why my heart aches to be with Him.
You know what?
I have hope in Jesus Christ.
I have faith in Christ.
I have peace in Christ.
But at the same time, I don't think I will never have absolute peace in my soul or heart because I am not home. I know that. Unfortunately, there are millions of people on this earth who do not know that their true home awaits them in heaven. They don't know that they belong with their true Father, our Lord God. Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking.

No comments: