October 2, 2009

Ch. 532 - Shouts of... ?

To the loud and obnoxious group of girls sitting right outside my door, I dedicate this haiku:

I like sleep a lot.
Obviously you do not.
Your death I will plot.

A bit harsh, I know.

But there's a reason why I requested a single and was thus moved to Foundation... I can't catch a break, I guess. With roommates or without, I have come to the conclusion that I simply am not "supposed" to have a good night of uninterrupted sleep.

Booooo.

It just makes me think about how greatly I can't wait to be Home. After the fact that I'll get to be in full and complete fellowship with my Lord God, I appreciate the [assumed] fact that I won't need to sleep. The exclamations and praise that will be ringing throughout the heaven and throne room of God will be music to many ears, including my own... unlike the shouting and laughter that is ringing throughout the hallway and seeping like poisonous gas into my room.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against [happy] shouting and laughter. In fact, I encourage it. But not after quiet hours. Come on, ladies. It'd be one thing if you were worshiping God by singing songs or praying together, but you're not. That would be music to my ears... I would even join you. And I am an absolute advocate of fellowship. But really? I mean, really? Fellowship with a sense of common courtesy is preferred between the hours of midnight and two:thirty in the morning.

If only I weren't so darn non-confrontational.
... Next time.
And if that doesn't work, I'll take it to the next level.

It just goes to show that God is continuing to teach me patience, even though I have so much more than I used to. Beautiful. There is good in all situations.


'This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.'
[Psalm 118:24]

This is the day, indeed... and we actually should be rejoicing at all times - no matter the hour or situation.
Amen?
Amen.
Praise God!

No comments: