October 27, 2009

Ch. 557 - Here and Now

'If you gotta start somewhere, why not here?
If you gotta start sometime, why not now?
...
Through the fog there is hope in the distance;
from cathedrals to third world missions,
love will fall to the earth like a crashing wave.'
[tobyMac's City On Our Knees]

I've fallen in love with this song.
It speaks truth and it is convicting.
(Check it out if you've yet to hear it!)

I'm not ready.
I'm willing...
But I'm not ready.

I'm finally realizing that's alright.
There's no rush. People are dying, and going to hell.
But I can't save them all.
I can't save a single one.
God does that.
If He's chosen them, it will happen -
whether God uses me or not, it will happen.

It's not about me.

He will use me wherever and whenever He wants.
I need to develop the abilities and gifts He has given me.
... Although I suppose it'd be a good thing to first identify those abilities and gifts before I attempt to develop them... Ha.

There's so much to do right here, right now.
It's easy to want to overlook that.
No more.


'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.'
[Galatians 6:9]

No comments: