October 18, 2009

Ch. 548 - First and Foremost

In John 17:26 Jesus prays, ' "I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." '

I have come to believe and trust that it is God's desire to continually be in fellowship and communion with us.

So why don't we allow time in our day-to-day lives to let this happen?
Are we afraid of growing too close to God?

"Jesus freaks."

What holds us back?
Do we truly and wholeheartedly desire the same thing(s) as God?

The chorus of the song Where We Belong says,
'We run to Your throne, where we belong.
Every heart will sing that Jesus is Lord.
Casting all else aside, for the joy of our Christ.
Let Your glory fall, our hearts are filled with Your fire.'

This is what I desire so greatly - and not merely for myself, but for others, as well. I think when we finally realize how greatly a relationship with God should take precedence in our lives, and attempt to stand before Him with a pure heart, it will happen.

God's will, not mine.

No comments: