December 20, 2009

Ch. 595 - Saada

Today in church an acolyte was having a hard time lighting her candelabra. They're always a little tricky; the wicks are usually too short or whatever. For a good two minutes or so, she kept trying to light those candles. She's a bit on the short side, so that didn't help matters. The congregation twittered and chuckled as she continued to reach up. Those candles simply would not light. She eventually lowered her arms and lighting pole, and looked out with a seemingly helpless, concerned look on her face. But then Pastor Harlan walked toward her and reached behind her to lower the candelabra, so that she could better reach it.

That was it.

The moment.

The answer to prayer I've been waiting for.
I can't wait to see what else God shows me from here on out.

Sometimes we simply cannot do things on our own.
We need a little help.

With an "I can do it myself!" mindset, we're not always going to be able to do what we think we can do, or what has been set before us to do. Don't be afraid to ask for help, or admit that you cannot do something. Pride gets you nowhere.


'But you, O Lord, be not far off;
O my Strength, come quickly to help me.'
[Psalm 22:19]

Mehhh context...

(By the way, 'saada' means assistant, or helper [in Swahili]. How I know this is another story for another day.)

No comments: