December 26, 2009

Ch. 601 - Thinking on Thoughts

It's interesting to think back and reflect on what you've learned over time.

For the past four months, I have been carrying around a little, aqua memo book. It contains all sorts of things. Lists. Bible verses. Thoughts on Bible verses. Prayers. Thoughts on prayers. Class notes. Thoughts on classes. Quotes from people and songs. Questions. A few answers. Fortune cookie fortunes... anything and everything has been up for game.

But I like it like that.

This memo book is precious to me.

I filled out the last page yesterday, and looked through the book today.

You know what? Everything was so random, that it was as if I was starting a new book or something for every page I flipped. I suppose that's what I get for writing down anything and everything sporadically, as opposed to regularly and on a specific topic.

But I like it like that.

Got me to thinking...
Sometimes what I learn about God is pretty random.
I mean, there's just so much to God, that I'm always learning something new. And sometimes what I learn is unexpected - as are most of His answers to my prayers. Those are pretty sporadic, too.

But I like it like that.
Keeps me on my toes, you know?

I am simply grateful that no matter what, my God is constant - even when I am not. Which is a lot of the time, not gonna lie.

I don't like it like that.

Yet God is good.
Always.

I like that, too.


'Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.'
[James 1:17]]

No comments: