February 16, 2010

Ch. 653 - Garden

I am a daughter of the Gardener.

'I am not my own, I am Your garden.'
[Garden by Misty Edwards]
He planted me in fertile soil. He dug a hole of perfect depth for me so that I could easily and strongly take root. He then gently, yet firmly packed the soil around me. He daily tends to me. He has given me nourishment and water, making sure I receive the appropriate amount of light. He has hedged me in so that no predator can harm me or pluck me from my home within the ground. Over time, I have grown and truly flourished. He has pruned me periodically and I have thus borne flowers. Fruit. I would not be alive if it were not for His tenderness in caring for me.

I am beautiful.
My Lord God loves me.
And I, Him.


'But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.'
[Psalm 52:8]

No comments: