February 14, 2010

Ch. 651 - Listen and Love

I feel content. And joyful. Beautiful. I woke up this afternoon [I was really tired, okay?!] full of praise for God. He is just so faithful. He is constantly listening and I love that. If you know me somewhat well, you'll know that I really enjoy listening to people. But sometimes I wonder if I just settled into that, because that's simply how it's always been. I don't feel like people are always willing to listen to me. We live in an age of constant noise, for one thing. People are always going on and on and on, sometimes without taking a breath and I worry that I'm actually going to have to use my CPR training one day just because people won't stop talking! Another thing: I'm not very assertive, and I don't like to talk just to talk. I like to contribute something if I feel that it will be beneficial for those I'm around at that time. There's also the fear of man that's always inhibited me from speaking up, but those chains are being loosened and soon I'll be completely free. Of course, none of this usually goes for people I feel very comfortable around. And there are always exceptions. Just saying... Well. To sum it up - I don't talk a lot and I assume that people don't want to listen. Because I am ridiculous.

So. God. Listening. It's wonderful. When I come to the realization again and again that He doesn't merely hear me, but listens to me, I am floored. This personal belief is backed up by all the answers to prayers God has given me, especially during the past month. I can't go into too great of detail in regards to this, just because I like that my hands function. And I feel that if I were to type everything out right now, my fingers and wrists would probably hurt or simply not work tomorrow. Thus, you will simply have to trust me in saying that God is faithful and listens to every word we speak. Every thought in our mind. Every cry of our soul. He could choose not to. But He is a loving, compassionate, and gracious God. And I shouldn't have to remind you that all glory goes to Him when our prayers are answered.

I would like to challenge you; remind yourself that there are more people than you may think that are willing to listen. So if you usually do the listening, take a step out and seek others who will listen to you. And if you usually do the talking, close your mouth and open your ears. Show love to one another in doing these things. By asking someone to listen, you are saying that you trust them. By listening to someone, you are saying that you care about them enough to do so. We hear it so often: "God loves you." It is truth. God loves all of His created children. And even though not every child will receive eternal life, wouldn't you say they are still worthy of it because they are loved by God? Look around you each day as you go about living your life and remember that the people you see are all beloved children of God. They all are worthy of being reached out to. It is not a single group of people that "deserve" or "need" to be reached. There are people who have questions and are seeking, but don't know who will listen to them. And there are people who could answer a lot of those questions, but they don't stop to actually listen to the questions. The greatness of God could be revealed more and more if we took the time to listen and let ourselves be used by God, letting Him speak through us to His people He loves.


'On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and talked abusively against what Paul was saying. Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.'
[Acts 13:44-48]

No comments: