September 3, 2009

Ch. 503 - Stability

I feel like I'm standing in a pool of quicksand.
If I don't move, little to no sinking will occur.
If I try to get out - especially by myself - I will soon end up in great peril.

[Peril may seem a bit much, but it's not very often that you get to use the word peril. It works pretty well with this, so I'm keeping it.]

In all seriousness, though, I need some help to get out of this pit I've suddenly found myself standing in. I don't know what happened, exactly (story of my life). I thought I was making quite a bit of progress. Things were going pretty well. But then I realized that I've really not been myself. I'm happy, yet subdued. I'm drawing nearer to God, yet continue to hold myself an arm's length away.

That's not right.

I have this beautiful idea of the young woman God has created me to be, but I'm nowhere near attaining that idea and making it a reality. I don't like it. But it's true. I have a lot of work to do. Thankfully, I'll be working with my very own Designer and Creator. So I should be pretty good to go.

I just need some stability right now.
Something absolute.
Uplifting.
Encouraging.
Something on and through which I have room to grow.

'On Christ the solid Rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand.'

This song just started playing in my head.
And how true the lyrics are.
Brilliant.


'The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.'
[Psalm 18:2-6]

Again. A little dramatic. Not to mention out of context.
... But I like it.

No comments: