September 10, 2009

Ch. 510 - Digging Deep

2 Peter 3:9.

It's been coming up quite often lately... six different occasions, with no connection between each occasion - within the last three days.

The NASB version says, 'The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.'

Now, I'm not exactly why this verse keeps coming up, but I'm sure there's a reason. When God will reveal that reason, I don't know. And it really doesn't matter. But for now I'm going to be doing a lot of meditating on His word and looking into the author's intended meaning (putting that Foundations of Christianity vocab to use - astonishing, I know).

Anyway. Things are going really well right now. I don't have a whole lot on my mind.

Ok, that's a lie.

Rather, I should say, I don't have a whole lot on my mind that I feel like writing about or getting out of my head. My thoughts are just fine where they are, for the time being. God is really wonderful, though. I feel like He's doing a lot not just in my life, but many of the lives of the students here at Central - and it's actually evident, for a change. No complaints there, that's for sure. I'm drawing near to God and He is molding me in His beautiful hands. Cleansing. Purifying. Refining.

Oh yes. I am most certainly a fan of this.
I like it.

Speaking of fandom, I'm a pretty big fan of talking about worship and praise lately. It's fantastic. And so I give you the following as a parting verse:


'Worship the Lord in the splendor of
his holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.'
[Psalm 96:9]

No comments: