September 4, 2009

Ch. 504 - An Appointment

I am the daughter of a big God.
And I mean... He is a big, BIG, BIG God.

My God is faithful.
My God is faithful.
My God is faithful.
My God is faithful.

Matthew 21:22. Believe.

I have been waiting.
God has been teaching me patience the past couple years.
[I asked Him to - a request I have not regretted making, even though it's never been an easy lesson to learn.]
But tonight I fully realized how thankful I am for His doing so.
Having patience makes our waiting all the more worthwhile. We more greatly appreciate what we are given after waiting a considerable amount of time for it than if we are given something right after we ask for it.

Prayers have been answered.
PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

Oh sure, I've had prayers answered in the past. The thing is, those prayers were answered just one at a time. This is different. We're talking a handful of prayers, a few of which I've been lifting up to God for about a year or so - and all were answered in one night! What I love most about the fact that God has answered these prayers is that they are not for my benefit alone. What God does in and through answering these prayers will affect more than one person.

I've never been able to understand the fact that God has chosen to use me as one of His instruments, one of His vessels. Unreal. Simply unreal.

I am honored.

I don't feel worthy of being part of what I believe lies ahead.
Yet here I am. Called.
Standing strong.
Standing tall.
Ready.

This past week has been good, albeit rough around the edges. I think that God has really been renewing me in many ways, getting me ready to truly carry out His will for my life, especially during my time spent at Central. The past few days have been a pretty intense lead up to where I am at this very point in time.

I am willing.
I am ready.

Prepare, prepare!
Change is coming.

Hallelujah, hallelujah!
God's glory will shine.

Let it be so.


'... The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.'
[James 5:16]

No comments: