February 2, 2009

Ch. 325 - Negativity

The enemy has really been hitting me with a few things lately. However, the issue that seems most prevalent in my mind is negativity. This issue is two-fold; I feel that I am being a bit negative, while other people's negativity is pounding me into the ground.

I think I'm really focusing on what's wrong around me, rather than what's right. I don't know if that's a good thing... I mean, I would love to try and fix what's wrong, but it needs to be God's doing. I am a mere vessel.

But you know, it can be pretty difficult to focus on the positive things in life when I am surrounded by bad energy in a negative atmosphere... when people are tearing others down, as opposed to building them up.

People are more concerned about furthering friendships and working on their "could-be relationship"s than they are concerned about furthering their relationship with God.

People are more concerned about the Kansas and Mizzou teams' wins for basketball than they are concerned about the winning of souls for God's Kingdom.

And people are more concerned about what their peers and total strangers think of them than they are concerned about what their Father thinks of them. Although I guess that's pretty easy to do when we are constantly told, "No matter what, God loves you and He loves you more than anyone ever will."

I don't know what to say or do about anything. I'm not saying I don't do any of what I mentioned. But it's tough when you are being bombarded with things that make you want to shut out the rest of the world. I mean, doing so would get you nowhere. The only thing I can think of doing is giving it all to God and talking things over with Him. Reading psalm after psalm after psalm doesn't hurt anything, either...


'Lord, who may dwell in your
sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from this heart
and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,
who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the lord,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against
the innocent.

He who does these things will never be shaken.'
[Psalm 15]

No comments: