April 6, 2009

Ch. 388 - Praise of His Glory

So I'm pretty sure I was supposed to go to China for Central Christian College of the Bible's Outreach Week.
Actually, I'm very sure.
But there can't be anything done about that now.
And that's okay.
It truly is.
"There's no use crying over spilled milk!"
Even if it's chocolate milk. Which is, apparently, what I'm comparing China to... ? I must be really tired.

Anyway. Tonight I was talking to a good friend about the whole situation and this is something he said:

"I understand the hurt over the wrong decision or missed opportunity, but the past is the past. Don't dwell on it too much and get yourself down, learn from it. Maybe this was a small failure so that you would be ready to make a much bigger decision in the future and follow through with it."

Follow through.
This is really important to me.

I think I know what I'm going to ask God to teach me next.


'In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.'
[Ephesians 1:11-12]

No comments: