April 21, 2009

Ch. 403 - Rested in Him

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say, "I'm tired..." after I have asked them, "How are you?" Another is when people say "I'm bored..." but I hear the former more often and it's slightly more irritating than the latter response. Anyway, I thus make a conscious effort to dig a little deeper and get them to say something else. And you basically never hear me tell people I'm tired when they ask me how I am. Now, I may say, "I'm good! A little tired... but good!" but I don't immediately answer using the word 'tired' and leave it at that. The thing is, I am rarely tired these days. I may not get the true-blue amount of sleep I need each night, but I don't find it entirely difficult to function throughout the day with less than my preferred amount of sleep.

I honestly think that God gives me the true rest that I need and that my soul is revived every morning regardless of how many hours I sleep. And you know what? Whether I've gotten three hours of sleep or ten hours of sleep, days seem to go so much better when, first thing in the morning, I talk to God and consciously recognize the fact that He restores me and will be with me every minute of every hour. I am also much more likely to fully seek God throughout the day and call on Him to guide and help me.

In doing this, I feel energized.
I feel prepared.
I feel strong.

There is so much joy to be had in every day. We shouldn't be wasting time bumming around, exclaiming that we're tired or bored. I don't care how true it is, do something about it and move on! If you're honestly that tired, get some sleep! If you're seriously bored enough to say that you are bored, find something to do!

Go volunteer.
Play a game.
Exercise.
Strike up a conversation with someone.
Read your Bible.
Talk with God.

Turn to Him in all things.

Our God is the Creator of the entire universe. He gave you life and love and eternal salvation. He is, by far, the most exciting Being that we could ever hope to know. He is also restful. He created a day of rest, for goodness' sake. He can give rest, as well. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you're not even truly physically tired? Maybe your spirit or mind needs rest. God can give you this if you so desire. Let Him. Chances are, it would do you a world of good twice over.


' "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." '
[Psalm 46:10]

No comments: