November 6, 2008

Ch. 237 - Taking the Time, Revisited

Alright. So. I have not spent time to sit down and blog recently (for one week, to be precise). The last time this happened was only about two months ago. I didn't think it would happen again, but that is obviously not the case. I don't have any reasons for this happening. And I'm not going to make excuses... but I do think it's basically just laziness and going to bed later than I should be, thus not wanting to spend time writing. Just like last time, I am not going to try and catch up for each day missed. I'm simply going to pick up from right here, right now, and move on.

Diving straight in, things are going really well. I've actually been kind of down for the past couple weeks - but spiritually, things are on the incline. I've felt closer to God in the past four days or so than I have in quite some time. I don't really know what I'm doing differently. Praying and interceding more? Trying to listen to God better? Opening my Bible more (... and not just for class)? I think part of it is that I truly am slowing down. I'm still learning patience. I'm searching for joy every day. I'm taking in the beauty of all things and people. I'm learning so much, both in class and out of class. And I believe I am finally putting my words to action in focusing on God. I always say that I think I am, or that I am going to, but do I?

......

Let's just say that I am glad my God loves me no matter what.
And that I'm always glad to see how incredibly mighty my God is.
And that I'm always glad to see how very well God knows what is best.


This week's memory verse:

'So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;'
[Colossians 3:12, NASB]

No comments: