November 16, 2008

Ch. 247 - A Nightmare of a Question

For the past six months I have been haunted by a question that always ends up floating to the front of my mind at least once before the end of the day. There are maybe three or four people who know what this question pertains to - and that's actually far too many, in my opinion. Thus, please forgive me for not posing said question at this point in time.

I was talking with a friend about it tonight. I was surprised to learn that the subject matter is something he struggles with, too. I found it interesting that in the sense of Christian conventionalism, we both have a very similar view regarding salvation.

I think God puts people such as my friend in our lives to let us know that we are not, in fact, alone in our trials and tribulations. It's nice to have a physical being to turn to... to get that immediate feedback when we need someone to listen and want that audible input.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know we can always talk to God and put our absolute trust in Him. We need to rely on Him. But it really is great to have that support in friends and family while we are here on earth.

I thank God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me, especially within the last year. It has been a year and one month since God has truly turned my life upside-down and started to change my heart. I have so much to be grateful for. And I wouldn't want it any other way. Everything is connected. I wouldn't be here at Central Christian College of the Bible if it weren't for what happened last year out in Utah... but I also wouldn't be bothered daily by this daunting question if it weren't for what happened last year out in Utah... However, I keep my faith in God and try my best not to worry, because I am able to find strength and joy in Him and thus persevere daily. And I worship Him with my life because of what He and His Son have done for me.


'Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name.'
[Hebrews 13:15]

No comments: