November 7, 2008

Ch. 238 - Romance Me, Lord

How does God romance you?

Perhaps it's through music. Or people. Books. Intercession. Nature. God can, and will, romance you through a certain medium - and through more than one, perhaps. For me, it is through nature. Especially the night sky. And wooded areas. I don't know what it is about these things. But when I look up to the supposed heavens above, I can't help but think about God. I am reminded of God's glorious splendor in the great expanse. To have placed the stars in the sky, knowing each by name - and to also have placed me here and know me... what a beautiful thought. And I can't help but feel God in forests and the timber; I feel safe. I feel comfortable. And I always feel very close to God. I find the woods very beautiful. I haven't seen all of His creation's beauty... I am not well traveled, and even if I were and even if I am to be - there's so much that I will never see. But when I am in the woods, I could care less. I mean, if I were to die tomorrow, I would be fine with that, knowing that I truly have seen great beauty in God's creation. I see beauty in the simplest of things. I like that about me. And I hope God does, too.


'And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.'
[Genesis 1:14-16]

1 comment:

Katie Pratt said...

Reminds me of "Captivating" :)
Maybe you should write a book! ;)