January 19, 2008

Ch. 3 - What She Saw; 30. 12. 07

'God is working on your heart - He's softening you, isn't He? You're seeing things for the first time... He's changing you.'

That's something my mom said to me. Paraphrased, of course. And I probably added something in there that I believe to be true, or something that I wish had been said. Anyway, I don't know if anyone would be able to comprehend the joy I felt in my heart when I heard those words come from the mouth of my beautiful mother. I had spent the past couple years being an insensitive, stubborn-headed fool. I realized awhile ago how cruel... truly cruel... I had been to my family. So to hear those words... it was magical. To hear from my mom - who's known me since before I was born, technically - that she can see the way God is working in me, was, quite possibly, the greatest gift I've ever received from her.

It's funny. I don't think I truly realized what was happening until she pointed it out.


'Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.'
[Deuteronomy 10:16]

No comments: