January 27, 2008

Ch. 11 - Forgiven

The next few chapters will be based on music. Specific lyrics, actually, that have really spoken to me over the past couple of days.

'Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain.
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus, and live!'
[Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)]

In believing Christ is our Savior, we are given the most wonderful gifts in the world - eternal salvation and the forgiveness of our sins.

Nothing can top that. God has you beat in every way, hands down. Yeah, that cashmere sweater and set of pearls that you just spent $700 on for your wife's birthday isn't looking too hot anymore, is it?

Usually I save a Bible verse for the end of the post, but I want to put it in now.

'... they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'
[Revelation 7:14]

This is one of my favorite verses in the book of Revelation. Every time I read it I stop and reflect upon it. I mean, you'd think that if you dipped something in blood, it'd stain and turn that horrid reddish-brown color. But no, not in the blood of the Lamb. His blood made the robes of those who came out of great tribulation white. Not just any shade of white, either - but a dazzling, blinding white. And because they washed their robes in His blood, they get to eternally serve God. They are never hungry. They are never thirsty. The sun does not burn them. The Lamb is their shepherd, leading them to living water. And God takes away all their sadness [based on Revelation 7:15-17].

I have turned to God and laid everything at the foot of the cross... my pride... my insufficiencies... I am no longer bound to, well, anything. I am strong in Him, because He has shown me love, grace and mercy - among other things. I have done a lot of wrong in my life, I mean a lot - and I'm only 18. Yet it's alright, because I know I'm forgiven. That's how I am able to live each day the way I do - to the fullest, with no regrets. I sing to Jesus, and live.

No comments: