January 20, 2008

Ch. 4 - Time to Trust; 1. 1. 08

My new year didn't really start on January 1 this time. It started December 22, which is why the chapters of my story have been titled with dates; they're based on writings in my spiritual journal. I figured I'd start with those and play catch-up over the next few days.

The story continues...

Indeed, it is a new year. A fresh start. Usually the 'new year' doesn't have a lot of meaning for me. This year, it's different. And I know it's because of the fact that I am focusing more on God and my faith, growing and learning every day. I don't know why - and I certainly don't know how to explain - but I have this feeling that my life has new meaning and that this lifetime's purpose will be revealed to me this year. What it will entail, I don't know. But I'm finally handing the reins over to God and putting my full trust in Him.

It's not about me.

It's what God has in store for me - and how He will use me to glorify Him.


'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.'
[Proverbs 3:5-6]

......

Ch. Four, Part Two:

I have a resolution, by the way. I am going to become more comfortable and confident in sharing my faith, my God, my Jesus, and God's love with fellow believers. I think it's important to offer up my beliefs, thoughts and ideas, as well as prayers to my brothers and sisters in Christ. I find it's easy to do so with non-believers. Anyway, I'm really going to try and step out of my comfort zone faith-wise... and see where God leads me in doing so.

No comments: