March 1, 2009

Ch. 352 - Finding God

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... ready or not, here I come!"

God doesn't hide.
But sometimes I feel as if I can't find Him.
Can't see Him.
Can't hear Him.
Can't feel Him.

But whose fault is that?

......

Exactly.

I seem to always say I'm going to try harder.
I'll find Him.
I'll get closer.
I'll do better.

I'm not as disciplined as I'd like to be, that's for sure.

However, I am finally getting back to training myself and strengthening what discipline I do have.

I was listening to a song earlier today and it really made me want to "find" God all the more. I mean, I need Him, even when I don't think I do. He is all things to all people.

He's a shield.
He's a light.
He's a compass.
He's a rock.
He's a shelter.

He is more than we imagine Him to be.

The song I was listening to was The More I Seek You.

'The more I seek You,
the more I find You.
The more I find You,
the more I love You.

I want to sit at Your feet,
drink from the cup in Your hand.
Lay back against You and breathe,
feel Your heartbeat.
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming.'

I want this.


' "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." '
[Zephaniah 3:17]

No comments: