March 12, 2009

Ch. 363 - Got Me Thinking

God has everything planned out for us.
He knows all that we will do before we do it...
or even think about doing it.
He knows that at a certain point in time, we're going to need something. Someone. An idea. A hug. An interpretation. An answer. So He sets it up for us ahead of time.

I wonder if God experiences déjà vu often...

So it shouldn't come as a surprise when, halfway through reading something, I stop to think, 'Wow... This is pretty sweet. Oh wait, hey! It's definitely a God thing... duh!'

As I mentioned a couple days ago, I started reading Ezekiel. Well, I finished it this evening. As alluded to, I was struck by something about halfway through the book. A phrase I kept reading over and over was something along the lines of "I am the Lord your God," (such as in Ezekiel 20:7) or "Then you will know that I am the Lord." (such as in Ezekiel 20:38)

I am the Lord.
I am the Lord.
I am the Lord your God.
I am the Lord your God.

Granted, whenever God told the prophet Ezekiel to say to Israel that He was their God, and that they would 'then' know He was their God, it was because He was about to bring upon them desolation and destruction... but still.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Ezekiel.
There is a lot to take in throughout the book.
But I'm not going to lie: I definitely felt that all God wanted me to 'understand' from this was that He is the Lord. And that through good times and bad, I will see Him and know that He is the Lord my God.
And to be honest, that's good enough for me.
I couldn't help but be moved these repetitive phrases.
I needed that simplicity.
These words brought me peace. And comfort.
Relief, even.

God speaks.
Praise Him.


' " 'Then they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign Lord. You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord.' " '
[Ezekiel 34:30-31]

No comments: