March 14, 2009

Ch. 365 - Peace in the Valley

I've been listening to Johnny Cash all day. He is the only 'country' singer I listen to, and I have my mom to thank for the fact that I listen to him. Two of my favorite songs of his are actually spiritual songs. I've listened to them each a number of times, more than I could ever recall, I'm sure. But today as I was listening to one of them [(There'll Be) Peace in the Valley, written by Thomas Dorsey] it for some reason made me think of Revelation 21:4.

Revelation 21:4 says, ' "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." '

The chorus of the song goes as follows:
'There will be peace in the valley for me, some day.
There will be peace in the valley for me, dear Lord I pray.
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow,
no trouble, I see.
There will be peace in the valley for me (for me).'

I love this, you know? It's just... reassuring. To think of the day when I will not only have complete peace, but also be with my Lord... I can't even begin to imagine what that day will be like.

No comments: