March 7, 2009

Ch. 358 - The Exchange

It all started with letting someone know what I couldn't stop thinking this morning.

"God is great. I mean, He's really great..."

I didn't check my phone until tonight.
There was a response.

'Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice!'

Well I couldn't see that and not finish it...

"Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, let the people rejoice!"

I wasn't expecting a reply.
[It is DST, after all. Ha.]
But there it was.

'In the secret, in the quiet place. In the stillness You are there. In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait, only for You, cause I want to know You more.'

"Into marvelous light I'm running, out of darkness, out of shame. By the cross You are the truth, You are the life, You are the way."

'Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found.'

"Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me. Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away."

'As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after thee. You, oh Lord, are my strength, my shield, to You alone will my spirit yield.'
[I was a bit floored with this one - see Ch. 355 as to why.]

"My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly trust in Jesus' name."

'Praise Him from whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creatures here below, praise Him above ye heavenly host.'

"[Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.] Behold the Man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders. Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice, call out among the scoffers."

'Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.'

"We fall down, we lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus. The greatness of mercy and love, at the feet of Jesus."

'We sing holy, holy, holy. We sing holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty.'

"Oh no, You never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, You never let go, in every high and every low."

The exchange stopped there.
But I believe that in a way, it will never end.
What a beautiful way to end the day.

Encouraging.
Hallelujah.

No comments: