January 2, 2009

Ch. 294 - Side by Side

My life needs to revolve around Christ. You can die to self every day, but continue to walk with a few steps between you and Christ, rather than shoulder-to-shoulder, hip-to-hip. It's hard to walk that close with anybody for a long amount of time, let alone with Christ, with God - even though He is the only One I would ever want to walk that close with. But for the most part, it's just as nice to have a small space between myself and Christ on our walk. I can keep an eye on Him, hear everything He says, and not have to worry about getting separated too easily. At the same time, I am in touch with the aspects of my life that are outside of Christ and my faith. But I should always be more in tune with Christ than anything or anyone else. I should have my shoulders turned to Him as I walk. If I am to walk closely with Him, I need to live my life in such a way that is absolutely pleasing to Him. I need to worship Him with my life. If I am to walk closely with Him, everything I say and do needs to be in accordance with Him. Jesus may live with me and in me by way of the Holy Spirit, but I don't always live for Him. That needs to change.


'Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.'
[1 Thessalonians 4:1-2]

No comments: