January 8, 2009

Ch. 300 - The Copycat, Revisited

This is my last 'revisit' to posts from one year ago. On January 8, 2008 I wrote in my journal about being a copycat... an imitator, really, of Jesus Christ. It wasn't until about a year ago that I had ever thought and truly cared about being Christlike.

Since then, I have been more conscious of being a child of God, an imitator of God [Ephesians 5:1]. I'm always going to fall short of doing this, but that's okay with me. I will continue to strive to be Christlike and the fact that I want to be like Him and push on towards the prize is, I hope, just as pleasing to God.

I'm still learning what it means to be Christlike and while I do believe I have made some progress in this area, I know there is always room for improvement. And I'm glad for that.


'We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.'
[1 John 4:13-14]

No comments: