January 26, 2009

Ch. 318 - Finding Strength

'But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.'
[2 Corinthians 12:9]

I am absolutely taking this verse out of context, but I have been feeling weak lately. I am tired. I feel that I can't do or say anything right. I have not been real. I don't work on my relationship with God enough. I focus on people and my studies more than Him. I don't know how to confront a couple of problems in my life or how to deal with them. I don't share the Gospel. I am not strengthening my faith or challenging myself.

But I still rely on God to hold me in His hand and to help me use His strength to persevere through all my obstacles and weaknesses that I feel are holding me back. It is certainly difficult to do so; it's difficult to hold my head high and not let anything get to me. Yet I know that by relying on Christ, His Spirit will work through me and with me to take on anything that comes my way. He will make me strong. I will find rest in Him. I will find peace in Him.

And at this point in time, those things are exactly what I need.

Pray.

No comments: