January 16, 2009

Ch. 308 - Always Rested

I am three days into the semester... and I am tired. I haven't been doing a whole lot, though. I mean, I've done a few homework assignments, including preparing a speech for Oral Communications that I presented today. I'm sure that's part of it - I stayed up somewhat later than I would have liked to, practicing my speech. So I only got approximately five hours of sleep. But then today after classes I took a four-hour nap! ... Yet I'm more tired now than I was before I took the nap. I've been focusing on my being tired so much today, that I haven't thought about much else, to be honest. It's hard to focus on God and others when I'm just thinking about me. It's terrible. And I don't like it. But it's nice to know that I can find rest in God, who never tires or grows weary. He is my strength. Praise God!

'Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.'
[Isaiah 40:28]

No comments: