January 1, 2009

Ch. 293 - Time to Trust, Revisited

On January 1, 2008 I wrote in my journal about what I felt the new year, 2008, would bring. I had never felt that 'the new year' was important until last year, because of the changes I had gone through. I had finally turned the reins over to God and was learning to put my absolute trust in Him.

I also felt that God would reveal my purpose this past year.
I mean, I believe everybody's purpose in life is to worship God and spread His Love and Word, preaching the gospel to all nations... but I think we each have a unique way of doing this, set up by Him. And that's what I meant by saying that I felt God would reveal 'this lifetime's purpose' for myself.

And you know what?

I believe that He did exactly that.

As many times as I've said that I keep going back and forth between ministries and am not sure about what I want to do with my life, that's only a half-truth, I think. I'm pretty sure about what God wants me to do for Him... but I keep turning away from that. To be honest, it's scary. It's dangerous. It's challenging. It's different. But it's needed, it's necessary. And I do think that I am one of the people cut out to do the job. It's time to put my trust in God once and for all and take responsibility for what I believe He is placing in my hands and on my heart.

Like I said last year...

It's not about me.


'You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.'
[Isaiah 26:3-4]

No comments: