June 25, 2008

Ch. 112 - A Storm For Me

Tonight there were a lot of storms in east central Iowa, including Cedar Rapids. The thunderstorm lasted quite some time and I enjoyed every minute of it. I simply love storms. The lightning was so bright that it lit up our entire yard. The thunder was so tremendous that it shook the walls of our house. The storm was topped off with a round of hail.

For some reason I was really thankful for this storm. Even though Iowa's had so much rain this past month - and at one point I definitely would have given anything for a full day of sunshine - hearing the rain pour down outside made me incredibly happy.

I think it's partly because it simply gave me a good reminder of how powerful our God is. In a way I kind of needed that.

Man oh man, our God is good.


'But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.'
[Psalm 33:18-22]

No comments: