June 26, 2008

Ch. 113 - A True Blessing

Tonight Hannah Rosenthal (whom I've known eight years now - seems so long!) held a Bible Study Leadership Training. And I loved every minute of it. I was the only person who showed up, sadly, until her sister and a friend (Abby and Jodie) showed up halfway through the session. But it was really nice to catch up a bit with Hannah and have that one-on-one time with her. She had gone on an InterVarsity retreat and they went over what it takes to be a small group (Bible study) leader. She shared this valuable information with me tonight and I would love to be able to put it to use here in the near future. There's so much that Hannah went over, there's no way I could write it all down here. However, the four main points were: Nurture, Worship, Community, and Mission. Perhaps I'll go over these tomorrow (I'm pretty tired and don't want to sit in front of the computer for too long).

Anyway, this was really a blessing for me because I've always wanted to lead a small group, but God has never presented an opportunity for me to do so - perhaps because I wasn't ever prepared or ready to do so. Now I am, though! Well, maybe not entirely. However, I think I've matured in my faith quite a bit this past year and that it'd be appropriate for me to at least show interest in being a small group leader - whether at church or on campus next year. And I'm not saying that I'm going to make a great leader after a two-hour meeting, but I think it was a good first step. If it's God's will, then it'll happen. If not, no worries.


' "For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.'" '
[Ezekiel 34:11-12]

No comments: