June 4, 2008

Ch. 91 - Who Am I?

I judge people.

A lot.

Well, maybe not too much. But definitely more than I should.
Which, in my opinion, should technically be never.

What gives me the right to be around someone and assume I know them... their mind... their heart... by the way they act or by something they said?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My mom said something a few days ago about me being able to perceive people well. I took that as a compliment. But perceiving people in such ways is entirely different from judging people. The only one who can and will righteously judge others is our Lord. May He forgive me for judging His people wrongly and help me repent so that I don't continue to do so.


'You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.'
[Romans 2:1-2]

No comments: